Skip to main content

Topic Brainstorm

 Topic 1: Indian take on Percy Jackson

For this topic, I would create an almost Percy Jackson world but for Indian mythology. The project could follow students who were related to Indian gods and goddesses similar to the Greek demigods and all of them having their own unique powers. There could also be a similar camp where the demigods meet up to train and fight evil demons and other villains. I think it would be interesting to profile different demigods or follow one demigod as he or she goes on a quest. Additionally, there could be more emphasis on female goddesses and figures as their representation seems to be more limited. My stories could be a retelling of traditional Indian epics or perhaps I could create my own. I feel there is so much freedom with this project idea. 

Links: 

https://www.thecuriousreader.in/essays/percy-jackson-indian-mythology/

https://riordan.fandom.com/wiki/Hindu_Gods

Topic 2: Indian Mythology Common App

For this topic, I would follow with my project I did in Mythology and Folklore, but instead of having, Greek common application it would be an Indian common application. Here, I could find young gods or goddesses who are applying to college and write "applications" that reflect their stories and traits. I found the project to stimulating for the mythology and folklore class, and I see its being feasible for Indian epics as well. I could even do Indian heroes, such as Arjuna, Kacha, and Chokha Mela, and not limit it to Hindu deities. Overall, I see the topic as being very open to my imagination. 

Links: 

http://ackguide.blogspot.com/p/legends.html

https://sites.google.com/view/greekcommonapp/home

Topic 3: Animals are very prominent in Hindu mythology and stories, and I feel this is a topic that I could explore and write about extensively for a project. Dieties such as Hanuman, Ganesha, and other animal figures such as Jambavan would be fun to write about as well as retell stories. While the stories may not be connected and not follow one character, this project would allow me to focus on multiple figures and learn more about Hindu mythology. 

Links:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jambavan

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hanuman

Topic 4: Trip around India

I found this potential project idea by looking at past Indian epic projects and was immediately interested in what if offered. Having been to India multiple times, I have some experience with what the country offers and its way of life. However, I have not really had the opportunity to explore all parts of India as I often just stay with my family. This would be an exciting project to learn about the country as well as important and interesting landmarks. Perhaps the project could be a way to setup my next trip to India!

Links: 

https://sites.google.com/site/epicsindiatraveljournal/

https://hippie-inheels.com/best-places-to-visit-in-india-from-five-years-of-exploration/

19 Things Canadians Travelling to India Should Know Before They Go

Taj Mahal, a wonder I would love to visit

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nice to meet you, my name is Neal

 Wow. It is crazy to think that I am already back in Norman for my senior year. While my first threes years were full of unique experiences, I never would have imagined all of these recent events occurring. Although it has been a struggle to get through the pandemic, as I am sure everyone can agree with, I am looking forward to completing my senior year and pursuing my future. To start off, I am psychology major on the pre medicine track. Ever since I took psychology in high school I found studying the mind and the way people act so interesting. However, I always had the goal of becoming a physician which explains the pre-med track.  Although I am an OU student, I still consider myself a proud Texan. I come from a relatively small town in East Texas where high school football is king and perhaps the most famous thing is that Matthew Mccounaughey graduated from my high school (he even came to our high school graduation this year to give a speech!). Wikimedia Commons : Longview High Scho

Comment Wall

  Shiva and Parvati with their son, Ganesha  Link to Storybook 

Week 4 Microfiction: Indian demigods meet Percy Jackson

100 Word Story : Percy staggered through the forest until he came upon an unfamiliar sight. Appearing before him was a camp almost exactly like Camp-Half Blood.  As he entered the gates, he was met by many demigods. They introduced themselves as sons and daughters of Hindu gods and how excited they were to meet Poseidon's son.  Soon the headmaster of the camp, Guru Venkaswami approached Percy. He had asked Percy to arrive to the camp, so that he could join forces in their fight against the fearsome Rakshi.  Together Percy and Rahul, son of Indra, would attempt to defeat the evil demon. Two sentence story: Percy Jackson arrived to the Hindu Demigod Camp in need of assistance. Rahul, son of Indra, and Percy would travel together to defeat the Rakshi demon.  Sources: There was no particular source for this story other than my previous readings of Percy Jackson and Indian stories.  Author's Note: I am a big Percy Jackson fan, so I thought it would be cool to introduce the story to