Skip to main content

Week 12 Storylab Microfiction Revision: Bhima and the Tigers

Old: 

Duryodhana was very much jealous of Bhima's victories and strength.

Thus he developed a plan. One night he poisoned Bhima's food and threw Bhima's now passed-out body into the jungle. 

What Duryodhana did not know was that the Khan, the great king of the tiger, had seen his dirty actions and rescued Bhima. He called upon his fellow tigers to bring Bhima to their kingdom so they could save him.  

The tigers gathered and prayed to Parvati to return Bhima. Soon Bhima woke up, but this time with the strength of a 1000 tigers. 

He returned victoriously back to the kingdom.



New: 

Duryodhana was jealous of Bhima's victories and strength so developed plan.  That night he poisoned Bhima and threw Bhima's body into the Aravalli hills of Rajasthan. 


However, soon came the great king of the tigers, Khan and his human friend Mowgli. The two set out a plan to save Bhima. 


With the help of Akela the wolf and Bagheera the panther, Khan and Mowgli made a potion to revive Bhima. They slowly poured the potion into his mouth and Bhima rose. 


Now Bhima had the power of the jungle within him as he headed back to his cousins


Author's Note:  

The micro fictions revisions are always difficult to do with the small word count. However, I chose to revise the micro fiction by making the merge between the Mahabharata and Jungle Book closer. I decided to include other characters such as Mowgli, Akela, and Bagheera. Ultimately the story ended the same, but I feel the new characters really add to the short story. 


Jungle Book 2020: The Story of the Magical Bracelet

Mowgli and Khan teaming up to save Bhima

Comments

  1. Hey Neal,
    It’s crazy that I am reading one your week 12 stories in week 7, that’s really cool that you are so ahead. I really enjoyed reading this micro fiction but as I’m not this far ahead I haven’t read the original. From what I read though I really enjoyed the characters you incorporated. Micro fictions might be one of my favorite things because they are short and sweet. Good luck with whatever else you have left.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Neal, I really enjoyed reading these stories about Bhima enacting vengeance against this who wronged him. In the first story, the tigers saved Bhima from death and helped him return back to full form but this time with immense strength! These characteristics of strength and vengeance are cardinal traits of Bhima and show up in every story that involves him. It was great to read about them here in your stories!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Comment Wall

  Shiva and Parvati with their son, Ganesha  Link to Storybook 

Nice to meet you, my name is Neal

 Wow. It is crazy to think that I am already back in Norman for my senior year. While my first threes years were full of unique experiences, I never would have imagined all of these recent events occurring. Although it has been a struggle to get through the pandemic, as I am sure everyone can agree with, I am looking forward to completing my senior year and pursuing my future. To start off, I am psychology major on the pre medicine track. Ever since I took psychology in high school I found studying the mind and the way people act so interesting. However, I always had the goal of becoming a physician which explains the pre-med track.  Although I am an OU student, I still consider myself a proud Texan. I come from a relatively small town in East Texas where high school football is king and perhaps the most famous thing is that Matthew Mccounaughey graduated from my high school (he even came to our high school graduation this year to give a speech!). Wikimedia Commons : Longview High Scho

Week 4 Microfiction: Indian demigods meet Percy Jackson

100 Word Story : Percy staggered through the forest until he came upon an unfamiliar sight. Appearing before him was a camp almost exactly like Camp-Half Blood.  As he entered the gates, he was met by many demigods. They introduced themselves as sons and daughters of Hindu gods and how excited they were to meet Poseidon's son.  Soon the headmaster of the camp, Guru Venkaswami approached Percy. He had asked Percy to arrive to the camp, so that he could join forces in their fight against the fearsome Rakshi.  Together Percy and Rahul, son of Indra, would attempt to defeat the evil demon. Two sentence story: Percy Jackson arrived to the Hindu Demigod Camp in need of assistance. Rahul, son of Indra, and Percy would travel together to defeat the Rakshi demon.  Sources: There was no particular source for this story other than my previous readings of Percy Jackson and Indian stories.  Author's Note: I am a big Percy Jackson fan, so I thought it would be cool to introduce the story to