Skip to main content

Favorite Place

 A Christmas trip to Barcelona following my first semester at OU introduced me to a city that captured my heart. Because of my previous experience in highschool taking art history, I was engrossed in the modern architecture of the city, mainly of the work of acclaimed architect Antonio Gaudi.  Moreover, the night life and unique Catalan traditions conveyed a city with a blend of modern and traditional tastes.  Finally, as a huge soccer fan I was amazed by the sight of Camp Nou, the home of Barcelona FC and one of the cathedrals of soccer.


(La Sagrada Familia; personal image)

(Local food market; personal image)

(Max Pixel: Camp Nou, Home of FC Barcelona)

Comments

  1. Thanks for this, Neal! And THAT is a place I so much want to go someday (because we can still dream about when travel will resume... someday!) ... there are so many sights I would love to see in Spain, and La Sagrada Familia is one of them. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Nice to meet you, my name is Neal

 Wow. It is crazy to think that I am already back in Norman for my senior year. While my first threes years were full of unique experiences, I never would have imagined all of these recent events occurring. Although it has been a struggle to get through the pandemic, as I am sure everyone can agree with, I am looking forward to completing my senior year and pursuing my future. To start off, I am psychology major on the pre medicine track. Ever since I took psychology in high school I found studying the mind and the way people act so interesting. However, I always had the goal of becoming a physician which explains the pre-med track.  Although I am an OU student, I still consider myself a proud Texan. I come from a relatively small town in East Texas where high school football is king and perhaps the most famous thing is that Matthew Mccounaughey graduated from my high school (he even came to our high school graduation this year to give a speech!). Wikimedia Commons : Longview ...

Comment Wall

  Shiva and Parvati with their son, Ganesha  Link to Storybook 

Week 15: Fables of Bidpai Part B

For Part B of the Fables of Bidpai, I decided to focus on the story The Lean Cat and The Fat Cat. I must say it was the title that drew me into the story as I initially had no idea what to expect. After reading the story, I found it to be quite amusing and a little ridiculous haha. The ridiculous part to me was how the king had a decree to hang a cat if it was found to be stealing food. Just imaging a king making that decree in a royal court and then actually acting on this policy is so funny to me. Yet, I know this is a story more for children, so I understand sometimes ridiculous plots are needed to get the point across. A consistent lesson that I have seen among the short stories is the lesson of greed and the consequences that come with it. This was evident in the story about the Wolf and Two Otters, Ape and Boar, and now the Lean Cat and Fat Cat. You have to feel bad for the woman because she did warn the cat of the potential trouble it would get in, but then again, the cat was hu...